Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Scenes and Celebrations

Join me backstage at the beginning of Week 2 of my journey to writing more effective scenes ...   

Week 1 ended really well🥳

For the first time in months, I'm making some serious progress on revising my novel!

By the end of last week, I had made significant progress is refining scenes for Act 2. But, over the weekend, it was starting to feel strenuous. I had been working on that task for days and needed to just put it aside for a bit.  

So I decided to work on refining scenes for Act 1 instead since it needs less work than Act 2. Over Saturday and Sunday evening, I managed to get about 60% of that task done.

Once that task is fully complete, I will be free to start rewriting Act 1 💪

This week, my next steps are:

  • Finish reforming current scenes (using the standardised elements) for Act 1
  • Finish identifying where Act 1 is missing scenes
  • Finish brainstorming new scenes to add to Act 1 to bolster my scene count

So, there you have it. The first week into my journey to write more effective scenes went amazingly well and I can't wait to see where Week 2 takes me ✍️

Are you working on any goals right now? Let me know in the comments - I'd love to cheer for you 💪

Keep your eyes peeled for more news on my writing here and on my Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scenes and Celebrations

Join me backstage at the beginning of Week 2 of my journey to writing more effective scenes ...