Friday, 28 August 2026

Scene You on the Other Side


Join me backstage as Week 2 of my journey to writing more effective scenes comes to a close ...   

Week 2 is almost at an end and my progress is still on an upward trajectory ❤️

Despite some life stuff happening over the past couple of days, I have already completed my goal for Week 2. Here is a reminder of what that involved:

  • Reforming current scenes (using the standardised elements) for Act 1
  • Finish identifying where Act 1 is missing scenes
  • Finish brainstorming new scenes to add to Act 1 to bolster my scene count

This means that this weekend (a long one this time as its a bank holiday here in the UK) I will be free to start rewriting Act 1 🙌

For the first time in months I'm really excited to get rewriting and finally feel like Ican do what I set out to do. I'm also so thrilled that next Tuesday (September 1st) is the official first day of Autumn - my favourite time of year! 🎃

Over the weekend, my next steps are:

  • Complete 2 scenes - this could be rewriting existing ones or writing new ones.
Obviously, I am hoping to do more than this, but in my experience, it's better to set a lower goal and add to it than set a higher goal and (potentially) not meet it. This strategy makes me feel empowered and I want to set myself up for success.

So, there you have it. The second week into my journey to write more effective scenes is going great - tune in next Tuesday to see if I managed to hit my next steps ✍️

Are you working on any goals right now? Let me know in the comments - I'd love to cheer for you 💪

Keep your eyes peeled for more news on my writing here and on my Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scene You on the Other Side

Join me backstage as Week 2 of my journey to writing more effective scenes comes to a close ...