Friday, 28 August 2026

Monthly Roundup: August 2026

 

Welcome to the Monthly Roundup: August 2026 edition!  

Where I provide an up-to-date summary of all my current projects 😊

Creative Project(s):

Lately, I've been on a journey to writing more effective scenes. This was inspired by a webinar I watched recently - you can find more about this here

I am using my research into scenes (along with my path to writing better scenes) to help support my edits for my post-apocalyptic, alternative historical novel, Sanctuary on Severn. Soon I will be getting the first chapter ready to submit to a competition (deadline: end of October) which is exciting (if a little nerve-wracking) 🙂

Regarding the shared world zombie apocalypse anthology, I've got some great story ideas for this and I'm hoping to get writing them in the near future. We're still very passionate and determined about this project despite recent life things delaying the process. 

Current Read:

Over at Wild Blackberry Editing, I am reading brilliant client manuscripts with more in the pipeline 😊


Outside of that, I have been reading more articles on writing. I've also been continuing my course on postitive psychology. This topic continues to be really interesting. For those who are unsure, positive psychology looks at strengths and positives within ourselves and our lives to help support us as we grow into living happier and healthier lives. 

Other projects: 

I'm working with my therapist on reconnecting with the child inside me - the little girl who fell in love with stories all those years ago. You can find more about this journey here.

... so, there you have it, an up-to-date roundup of all my current projects 🙂


Remember to keep your eyes peeled for more news here and on my Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monthly Roundup: August 2026

  Welcome to the Monthly Roundup: August 2026 edition!   Where I provide an up-to-date summary of all my current projects 😊