Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Autumn is Finally Here!

Happy autumn everyone! 🍂 ...   

Today marks the official start of my favourite season 🧡

In other news ... last weekend didn't quite go according to plan 😅

I'd myself that little writing goal of completing two scenes for my novel (rewriting existing ones or writing new ones) and genuinely thought I'd have the time and energy to get it done.

Instead, something happened that left me pretty shaken, and suddenly even the things I'd been looking forward to felt impossible. 

So I didn't do them.

And you know what? 

That's okay.

I've spent a lot of time believing that if I set myself a goal, I have to achieve it regardless of what happens along the way. If I don't, I've somehow failed. 

But sometimes life throws something at us that we didn't plan for. Sometimes the most productive thing we can do is step back, breathe, and give ourselves permission to simply get through the day.

That doesn't erase the goal. It doesn't undo the progress we've already made. It certainly doesn't mean we have to give up.

It just means we take a slightly longer route to get there. 

And, fittingly, today is the first day of autumn 🎃

There is something I absolutely love about the changing of the seasons. Everything feels like it's shifting. The air gets cooler, the evenings start drawing in, leaves begin changing colour, and the world seems to quietly remind us that change isn't something to be afraid of. 

We don't need to stay in the same season forever. 

We can pause, shed things that aren't serving us, rest ... and, when we're ready, we can begin again.

So I'm letting go of the guilt over what I didn't accomplish this past weekend and looking towards what comes next instead.

The goal is still here. So is my story, and so am I ❤️

Here's to autumn, fresh starts, and find our way forward even when the path looks a little different from what we expected.

So, there you have it. The second weekend into my journey to write more effective scenes didn't go to plan, but I am still determined to succeed as we continue into Week 3✍️

What's your favorite season? Are you clinging to the remnants of summer, embracing the chill of autumn, or waiting patiently for winter or spring? Let me know in the comments 🙂

Keep your eyes peeled for more news on my writing here and on my Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn is Finally Here!

Happy autumn everyone! 🍂 ...