Last night was cause for celebration ...
Maybe its the crisp mornings of autumn that are already here. Perhaps it was the different music I put on, or the colour change I applied to the writing programme I use. Maybe it was just pure chance.
Whatever it was, it meant I was finally able to start making physical edits to my novel🥳
Not staring at my manuscript and thinking about editing. Not making endless notes about what need changing.
I mean actually opening the document, moving words around, rewriting sentences, cutting things, adding things and generally making a glorious mess of my manuscript 😂
After everything I've been through with this story, seeing those little changes appear on the page feels surprisingly exciting.
I'm still taking it slowly. There are still plenty of things I don't know how to fix yet, and I'm sure I'll encounter plenty of moments where I want to dramatically throw my laptop out of the window.
But I'm moving and, right now, that's what matters.
Sometimes the smallest change can make something feel new again.
So I'm not going to question it too much. I'm going to enjoy the fact that, after years of stops and starts, I'm finally making physical changes to this story again.
One edit at a time. One messy page at a time. One autumn morning at a time 🍂
It feels really good to be back ❤️
Keep your eyes peeled for more news on my writing here and on my Instagram!


No comments:
Post a Comment